Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Watcha Working on Wednesday... Supertabulous!!!!

Alrighty everyone my son has come up with a new word "Supertabulous!!!" Yes this was the way he described his first day of school. I will keep you updated on when the word changes because it will. It will start getting tough and he'll hate school in... I'll give it a week. My DD came home excited that she met a new friend Brent, who is in her special ed classes, and the other "friend" Eric is in like 3 of her classes. He was very excited to see her. LOL. The school is so awesome as my DD has a class called "Tech Ed" basically it is computer class. But you should hear what they are doing. She will be doing web design, picture editing, and other stuff I can't remember. So maybe she'll strike up an interest in that and be able to help me. She is very excited.

So on to Leslie's (My Country Home) Watcha working on Wednesday. Remember the chalkboard I bought....



I painted the frame...


I hung it at the bottom of the steps coming down from upstairs. That way my kids will see it when they come down and are getting ready for school. With my kids I have to get specific and remind them of little things or they don't do them. The peg rack below was a redo also and I quick sewed up a bag to hold the chalk. I still need to coffee stain it, but you get the idea. I just got it hung last night so I was trying to throw it together for you to see. I still want to hang a sign above the chalkboard that says Grand Central Station, but I don't have the wood to do that.



This is what the peg rack looked like before...



I also painted the Tater Bin... now I haven't sanded or primmed it up yet. I am deciding what I want to paint on it or leave it plain. I was thinking some type of quilt pattern on the lid and the front, BUT I don't know.



Yesterday one of errands was to pick up my screen door I purchased Saturday. Now I only have a Chevy Blazer and if you'll keep in mind a screen door is pretty big. OK a lot bigger than I anticipated. Picture this the girl from the store and I open the back of my truck lift this door in and slide it in. The edge of the door reaches from the front seat to the back gate of my car. She looks at me and says "Well if you duck your head a little you should be able to drive home." So I jump in the driver's seat head ducked driving home. Good thing I have tinted windows huh!!!! LOL. So here it is... Don't mind the shoes that's another project.



I also went to the thrift store because I was out and had to go to the bank next door. Anyway I got some some great stuff that I will show you later because this post is long enough. I am SOOOOO excited. Once again I saw something someone had in their hands and was bummed because I wanted it. So.... patiently I waited and out of the corner of my eye he put it down. I sprinted over there snatched it up and bought it. I just need to figure out where to put it. LOL. You're curious aren't you... admit it... you're thinking what could be that good.... trust me it's awesome!!!! But no I'm not telling or showing today. :-p
Pin It

28 comments:

  1. The makeovers are great. The chalkboard is in a great location and what a great way to remind your kiddos....how long until they 'forget' to look at it? LOL I like the Tater Bin as is but something simple on the lid would work, too. The screen door looks perfect where you put it! It makes me sad because I had one beside the house until it started to rot and the wind busted it in half :(

    Kids are too funny. Shane keeps saying he hated school from the beginning. He doesn't HATE school, it just interferes some days with his other plans! LOL That's all. He really does enjoy school. I don't want him setting Aften up for disaster, you know, so I keep telling him to stop saying that!

    Ohhh...can't wait to see what you found that you were dying to get from that other person!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you prim up things is wonderful! I can't wait to see what you got at the thrift store... always keeping me wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your little screen door set up...I might have to "borrow" the idea for my from porch!!!! I want to go shopping where you live...you always find the best stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you got thrifting...I will wait patiently I guess. :) I have a screen door downstairs waiting for me to do something with. I might have to put it outside or make a cabinet out of it...still debating. And I love the the chalkboard/pegboard combination. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look. I think I may be becoming more rustic by the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are always so inspiring. pray I get moved into a house soon. please! This apartment living is cramping my collectors style.
    Great Wednesday to ya
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chalkboard idea! Looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your makeovers, especially the chalkboard! I saw one of those at a craft show recently it is such a cute idea!

    Take care,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chalk board for the kids is a good idea, thought about one for mine but don't have anywhere to hang it.

    Love the screen door on the porch, look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have been super busy! Love the chalkboard and the screen door is awesome!
    Can't wait to aee your great thrift find you teased us about! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all your re-do's, Mary! You are so talented.

    THANK YOU for the award! You really made my day!!!

    I am happy to hear your kids had a good "first" day of school. I hope they keep liking it...for a little while anyway! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the screen--its supertabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love good deals? Can't wait to see what you found. I'm adding your name to my list of favorites--hope that's okay. Have a super day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. The chalk board looks great: I may need to do something like that to keep my husband and myself on track!

    I think a quilt block would look awesome on the tater bin. I've been looking for one of those but haven't found one. Where did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now Mary, that was just wrong to tease us like that!! LOL
    I love the screen door gathering!
    I would leave the tater bin as is, maybe ruff it up a bit! Love the chalk board and peg rack, it is hard to keep kids organized!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your screen door set up. But then again I love seeing all your decoratng pics. Can't wait to see what you got at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that chalkboard! Also loving the screendoor! Thanks for sharing your goodies with us!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your chalkboard looks great!! And what a difference paint made on your tater bin! Can't wait to see what you got at the thrift store!!! Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make me laugh! Junkers have no pride in the way they haul their stuff home LOL. Sometimes I feel like I'm part of the Beverly Hillbillies the way you can pack it in, and people who aren't junkers just don't get it. Thanks for the smiles! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the projects... fun, fun

    www.theamericanhomemaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the chalkboard!! thats a great idea!!

    okay, fess up!! what did you buy at the thrift store?? you know you are killing us with the suspense.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary love the chalkboard idea,I do that sort thing buy things then wonder how to get them home.Can't wait to see what goodies you have bagged.Today i bought my very 1st tin of matt black paint, i think i am going to paint the rocking chair i bought on Sunday my frienRondell and Diane say go for ,so here goes i will keep you posted~Take care~Kate~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that screendoor arrangement!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  24. The chalkboard is very nice Mary...As is everything you do. Hey... I gave you the smile award on my blog...I don't want you to miss it...You always make me smile!
    Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have certainly been busy...I love that screen door, I remember ours when I was little:)
    Let me know about the bonnet when you find one, I'm still interested:)
    So glad for you that your son likes school.
    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mary,

    That was a great idea with the chalkboard and you made it fit your prim decor! I like that! The pegboard adds a nice touch!

    I love your screen door and everything around it...your placement is great! Makes me want to come for a visit! :)

    Okay, now you sure know how to keep a girl waiting....

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Morning! Love what you did with the chalboard and the screen door display. As always, so creative and what I call eye candy.

    I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the chalkboard!! But seriously, please don't keep us waiting long!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.