Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A New/Old Shelf

I forgot to show you the new shelf for my bathroom that Steve made for me awhile back. It is a little more shabby chic than normal for me. He even made the signs and decorated it up for me. :) I think it is just so cool! Now, my bathroom is long and skinny so taking pictures is near impossible without standing on your head or playing twister in the process. Oh forget good lighting either. I like it because my dark circles under my eyes don't seem so bad in the darkness. LOL. So stick with me as I try to show you my shelf...

An OLD wood shutter (trash find) with some other recycled wood ends... and voila` NEW shelf.



My authentic Amish kids clothes and the ivory gown to the back is a family heirloom. It's not a great picture I know. LOL.





I'm working on deciding what I want to put in my jars. Which brings me to an interesting fact. Did you know the latest craze for teenagers is getting high on bath salts? Seriously, if whomever decided to figure this out would put their brain to work for the good we'd probably have a cure for cancer.





I thought before I forgot again I would show you. My brain has been on overload recently. I could blame it on my kids, but I blame them for my grey hair. So, I guess I'll chalk it up to old timers. LOL. I hope you have a great day! I am actually off today because I forgot I traded with someone at work. Yiippeee!!!! I have plenty of things to keep me busy today and tomorrow.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your shutter shelf. Steve did a great job. Don't ya just luv having a man who so willingly will go out and make us what we want? Even sometime if we do have to give them a little push. (ha) Mr. P. always comes thru when I find something he can make for me.
    Love the amish clothing hanging on it. I was so fortunate when we visited Ohio last year to find a thrift shop that had some clothing of theirs and I got a dress, and a childs outfit and a little wool coat. I treasure these finds. Have a great day and enjoy your time off from work.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shelf & I love those amish clothes!! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new shelf !Very neat idea to use a shutter for the back. I adore the children's clothing.Have fun today !Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shelf is amazing!! LOVE it! Wish my bath would accommodate a shelf like that! And the clothing is adorable...wow....You're a lucky, lucky, girl Mary!! Glad you remembered to share!! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that shelf...The clothing is adorable too~ Steve is certainly hand...You are very lucky....

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shelf is really neat! Love the Amish clothes and the wool stichery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shelf...what a great idea! I'll now be on the look out for a great old shutter! Love how that turned out, Mary!

    Tammy (Country Girl at Home)

    (Blogger still won't let me leave comments through google on a few blogs and yours is one)! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the shelf! I was looking at your pictures~ regarding the chairs. What about where the dry sink is~ next to it you have your cheese boxes~ place the chair at an angle and place those beauties on top! How many spots do we have to work with? LOL! Ok~ I also spied a red cupboard door in the keeping room~ I was thinking, how about trying to hang a chair from there? I am not sure how it would work with your lamp being there, but I can see that being a possibility. I know the door isn't on the wall, but leaning, I just think it could be neat there if it were hung. In the didning room, you have that beautiful peg shelf, I can see one of them hanging from the left side possibly. How about putting two of them together to make a bench? I think that would be neat too. Do you have a porch? That would be cute and then you could sew a sweet prim tushy cushion and sit out there for about 3 minutes because we highly creative types just can't sit still! LOL!
    Let me know what your thoughts are since I am somewhat responsible for you getting the chairs. AHEM! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary this is yet another attempt to comment... (blogger is not allowing me to comment)I love the shelf and how you have it decorated. Your blog is always enjoyable and full of great ideas! Have a wonderful week! Barb of *We* Quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.