Sunday, December 29, 2013

Fabric Stash Organizing

You all know how much I like LOVE fabric.  Since it is a rainy Sunday I decided to go back to my craft room and start rearranging again.  When it comes to rearranging my fabric I can do it all day.  I look at all the colors and designs and imagine what I could make.  Most times I'm just kidding myself because I have the hardest time cutting my beautiful fabric.  LOL.  So today I will pet and fold my fabric. After looking at a few pictures of other people's stashes and reading tons of blogs I decided to sort through my fabric.

Step one. (I don't have a before picture)  I pulled out all fabric that was not "prim" to me.  I buy all kinds of cotton fabric when it's on sale or when I see it in thrift stores.  Since I can't sew clothes my stash is limited to cotton quilting fabric. I had a smaller bookcase where all this fabric is for now.  I haven't gotten to it yet to reorganize.

Step two:  I then stacked my "prim" fabric according to color.  You all remember ROYGBIV of the rainbow right?  That's how I then put it on my shelf. 

Step three: After seeing a picture where someone put their fabric on their sides like books of course I had to hop on the train and try too.


I really like the way it looks AND I can see all the fabric.  On the top shelf I am not tall enough to see it at eye level so i can't see what's on the bottom of the stack.  I think I'm going to do this on the top shelf too and see if I like it this way for awhile.

I'm getting closer to reorganizing the whole room but still have a long way to go.  I promise I won't bore you with tons of pictures of it though. LOL  I promise I will get to some crafting things soon.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike cause that is what I'm working on today too. Funny thing, I like to look at all the fabric I've accumulated but never want to cut it up either!
    Share pics......I need more ideas :)
    Have a great day Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was to that point. When I broke my wrist I had half the craft room painted.......uhhhh. So now I have to push the furniture, take down shelves and start the other side. Somehow I have lost my inspiration but it has to be done since most of my craft stuff in now waiting int he garage....wish my sister was here to help me get started!
    Yours looks great! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fabric hoarder and mine is in a horrid mess ~ I don't even know what I have. I really like the way you organized your precious fabrics.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    I need to do something!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.