Monday, January 20, 2014

Craft Room Update

My newest organization tools finally arrived.  A few posts back I told you about Thirty One in home party company.  Well, they had a clearance sale around Christmas time.  I could not pass these up for the price.  I know I made the fabric storage totes, but these stand up by themselves a lot better.  Yes they are all the same color but I can see what colors I have in them.  Anyway, let's start with the before picture...

Before: all the scraps are in different containers that I had on hand...

After:  These great bins I got for like $6 a piece.  I know they aren't prim but for that price you better believe I'm going to nab them.  Besides I really like purple :-)  I probably should have gotten 2 more to make it be a little more cohesive BUT oh well.  I'd rather use the baskets than have them sit around.


Today I thinking about better organization of my magazine patterns.  I am a magazine pattern hoarder.  Even if I only see one pattern in a magazine I keep the entire magazine.  I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep them that way or just tear out the pattern and then organize them in clear plastic sleeves instead.  I also do the same thing with prim decor magazines.  Therefore I have a ton of those magazines as well.  Oh what to do what to do...

As you can see I added a little poll on the left hand side bar for you to tell me what you do with your patterns.  I thought this might be fun for a Monday morning.  You have 7 days to tell me what you do. :-)

I'm off to clean and hopefully design a stitchery for another customer today.  Have a great day!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. It's looking great! I love the totes. I wish I could say my shelves were this organized, but maybe someday....

    Blessings,
    Julie
    www.ourlittleredsaltbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great...you a hoarder?? I'll never believe it lol...have a great day and stay warm gonna get chilly hugs lil raggedy Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great organization! I keep all of my patterns in a 20 gallon crock...need another one or I will have to purge. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is looking great! I love the totes and how neat that they make the room.My patterns are in a mess,so I don't think you want my advice.LOL! Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! now if I could just get mine organized... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.