Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pattern Organizing

I hope those of you in the polar vortex are keeping warm and safe.  It is a balmy 12 degrees here at the homestead with just snow showers here and there.  I decided today I would get started on my pattern organization.  It is still very chilly in the craft room, but I put on my thick sweatshirt and dug right in.  I must say I am a pattern hoarder!!!!  Holy Smokes!!!  First off, I decided it would be ok for me to tear deface my cross stitch magazines.  Most of them were from the 80's and I bought them at the thrift store for pennies on the dollar.  I went through and tore out the pattern and picture of the ones I wanted then stapled them together.  I already had a 3-ring binder with patterns in it so I just added them in the empty plastic clear sleeves.  Then, I sorted through my pattern pamphlets and actual patterns.  This is where I am stuck.  I don't whether to file them alphabetical by designer or by type (i.e. band samplers, fall theme, Christmas theme, etc...) So, as of now this is where I am... TOTAL CHAOS!!!!!






Yep they are now all strewn across the craft table.  There they will remain until I decide how to file them.  If I can't decide, well, there will be no crafting until I do because the table is a mess.  Mind you most of these have been purchased at a discount or found free in some cases online.  If you are wondering if I'm actually going to get rid of any of my patterns... YES!!!!  I have a basket I have started for those I do not want...




Maybe I will have a pattern swap down the line... hmmm....

Well, I just wanted to stop in and say hey :-)  Obviously I have some work ahead of me today.  The nice thing is my washer and dryer are next to my table so I'm doing both at one time.  If you have any advice on how you organize your patterns I would love to know.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Mary, I find it helpful to sort by season, then a section for everyday. A swap would be great. Stay warm, 18 below here this am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Mary,that is a lot of patterns! LOL!I think that Pam has a great idea for sorting the patterns. It is a cold 6* windchill here today.The temperature has been falling all day,wish if it has to be so cold that we could have gotten a little snow too.Stay warm and have fun sorting.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also did this 3 or 4 years ago...I have notebooks of each season and then everyday samplers...That way you can go to the notebook of whatever season you want very easily...Then i have a notebook of my designs and ideas for easy access...Makes life alot easier.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sorted all my patterns by season...stay warm our woods furnace is keeping us piping warm here in northeast ohio...
    Have fun organizing..
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.