Sunday, May 25, 2008

Busy Day

I went to the Wayne County fairgrounds today for a fiber arts show. I had never been so my Mom and sister and I went. I never knew there were so many types of wool and fur available to buy. People dyed there own and then were spinning it while we were there. I had a wonderful lady from Wooster, Ohio show me how to needle felt and then wet felt. I didn't know people did that it was so awesome. She made the most fabulous flowers from wool. I was looking for wool for my Santa's this year and found so much I just couldn't decide so I didn't buy any. The prices ranged from $1.00 an ounce to $ 12.00 and ounce. Of course then there was alpaca fur you could buy. I was just amazed at everything I saw. I also found out there is an alpaca farm only 5 minutes from my home where I can buy. I will have to visit them.

I am trying to clean today as I was told yesterday the Memorial Day picnic would be at my house tomorrow. UGHHH... I was not prepared to clean from top to bottom today. It is beautiful outside so I did go and finish planting my annuals today. I checked my strawberry patch and I have tiny ones starting to grow. Now I really need to get out there and weed, but I don't want the frost to get them. I am hoping the cold temps are over in the nighttime. I lost all of my hanging baskets to the cold this week. I planted them last Sunday and they are dead. Oh well, what are you going to do. Mother nature has been playing tricks on us here in Ohio this month. We have only had 3-4 days of 70 degree weather this month. I am hoping this doesn't mean the summer will be cool. I LOVE the hot weather as I am always cold. Until next time... Have a great long weekend and Memorial Day!!! God Bless all that have served and those who serve today!!!! Thank you!!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.