Thursday, May 29, 2008

What I'm up to

Hubby was off yesterday so we went and got the grocery shopping done. I'm telling you the prices of food is ridiculous along with gas. But then we went out to lunch together. We rarely do this or dinner by ourselves. We normally take the kids with us, but since they were in school we went. We went to Chipotle. We had never been and it was really good. I LOVE Mexican food.

Well, today is the last day of school for the kids. I have already heard from my 8 year old son that he's bored. WHAT??? The summer hasn't even started. It's going to be a long summer... My DD is planning a b-day BBQ here in June to celebrate the big 13. About 11 kids I think. I am so excited for her. Before now she would plan parties and no one would ever come because she thought these kids were her friends and they weren't. My heart just broke for her, but since we moved she has friends and even a "boyfriend." Part of her Asperger's is that she has difficulties socializing with others. She doesn't know how to add to a conversation and always talks about what interests her instead of what the conversation is about. So you can imagine how the other kids act towards her. I'll keep you posted.

I was talking to a dear friend Patti, who owns a shop in PA yesterday called Brick House Craft Shop, and she inspired me to get my behind moving and start creating. So I started this little set last night and finished it this morning. It is not coffee stained yet so it'll end up being a little darker. It's my own pattern for a child size bonnet and apron with pockets.


I need to start thinking fall and Christmas now. It's almost June and I need to be ahead of the season. It is just so difficult to think cold weather and Christmas. OK maybe today as it is about 42 degrees out. But I did turn my furnace back on yesterday. LOL. I am making a promise to myself to start next week. If you believe that I have some swamp land property for sale!!!! I do have plenty of ideas I just need to start making the patterns and prototypes. As most of my items are made with my own patterns.

Until next time...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.