Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I was given this award over by Janae of Cozy Coops Corner . The rules are I have to tell you 6 random things about myself and pick six friends to do the same. Aren't you just dying to hear what makes me tick... LOL. Really I'm full of weird random things, so I must think very hard about what you actually want to hear.
1. I am afraid of failing and letting people down. In my 13 years in EMS and all my life I have had many people tell me I couldn't do this or that. So of course that made me more determined to do it to prove them wrong. However, the thought was always there that what if I fail then they would be right. I always worry about what people think of me and how I come across to them constantly.
2. I do not have but one or two females that I consider friends, other than family, where I live. I still would not confide in any of them as I am a very private person when it comes to my personal life, ideas, and thoughts. See number one... do you see a pattern...
3. I can't read a regular pattern to save my life. Patterns from other prim artists no problem, but give me a clothing pattern and you might as well write it in a foreign language.
4. I don't like talking on the phone. I do it, but I don't like it.
5. I am a perfectionist or as the people I work with call it anal. OK you got me obsessive compulsive when it comes to my job. It does come through at home too, but not as much. If I don't make one of my own pattern crafts perfect the first time I get angry and normally won't make another. That pattern goes to the junk pile. LOL.
6. Last but not least... I am a jeans and sweatshirt tomboy kind of girl. I don't get into purses. I don't wear makeup. I haven't painted my nails in about five years. I hate wearing dresses and dress shoes. I buy all my clothes from the thrift store as I can't pay full price for clothes for me and then I keep them for years.
Now I am suppose to pick six of you to accept this award. Well... since many of you have already done this when I was gone if haven't please do and let me know you did. I like to know about the people who read my blog. I have read a lot of comments from new friends on my giveaway post. I will try to come visit each of you so please be patient. I am having a very hard time adjusting after coming back. I have been working a lot and trying to get caught back up, but I do appreciate those who have added me to their blog rolls and I will return the favor.
Posted by Gettysburg Homestead at 6:43 AM