Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Didn't Do It!!!!!!

Seriously, I didn't create the mess that you are about to see. Picture this... you left your beautiful home 24 hours ago to go to work. You are working hard (on your crafting project...shhhh) at work. When suddenly your phone vibrates... you pick it up to see this...

WHAT????? Why in heavens name would someone be painting a project in the middle of your living room of your rented duplex!!!!????!!!! What if the paint can tips over???!!! AACCCKKK!!!! Steve decided to get motivated and do some of the projects that were on MY list. Needless to say my hands could not type quick enough back to him on my phone. I will not tell you what I said in that text... LOL



Now that I'm home this morning. It looks like this. I LOVE the shelf on the bottom. I just need a basket so that I can put some of my bazillion magazines at my fingertips. :) He saw a picture of one and decided I needed one. Hey I'm not complaining mind you.



I was NOT prepared for the following which is all in my dining room where the table has been pushed around and covered...

This has three arms like a blanket crane that I will be hanging my fabulous wonderful fabric,textiles, or whatever on in my bedroom. This was a redo from the thrift store. It was a yucky oak heart bearing three arm towel rack....gag gag gag... I made Steve rip the back off because of the heart and made him burn it. LOL Not really. Oh did I tell you I hate stuff with hearts on it. LOL. As if you couldn't tell. Then he added the sides and shelf to it.



One of my NEW stencils that will be available for signs. Alright no beating around the bush here... YES you can purchase or order :) LOL



A half done customer order checkerboard on one side Tic Tac Toe on the other.



A bowl rack that is half done... LOL And the kneeling bench will be placed beside my new bed to be able to climb up in it. Some of us vertically challenged people need some help. Again Steve saw it in a magazine and I HAD to have it. (shaking my head). All I wanted was one of those steps to put beside the bed. shheeesh.



Another project Steve started was this sign (again a new stencil available for purchase on a sign). He is painting this one on a table top we found in the trash. I LOVE the unique edges of it. I have no idea what is going above it yet. Don't know where I'll be putting it either.



After I had a heart attack when Steve told me he had all this stuff going on I asked him where the motivation came from. He said he didn't know but that he had made some stir fry for lunch. UMMMM HHEELLLLLOOO I guess I will be buying stock of frozen veggies if that's all it takes. WWOOOHHOOOO!!!! LOL. Hey maybe he will finish some other things to sell on my selling blog. I'll keep you posted. Oh wait any requests while I have him motivated???? LOL.

So now that Steve has taken over the projects I was going to do I don't feel so bad telling you I started a new project!!!! LOL. OK well you see I had some Valentine fabric that I want to use up that I found while I was cleaning out. Before you ask... Yes it has hearts on it... BUT they are tiny and you would never know. I thought I'd better get moving and make something or get rid of it. I will show you what it is a little later in the week when I figure out how I want to execute it. This is brand new to me never been done, but I am so enjoying it so far.

OK my fabric hoarders, who almost had heart attacks, when I said I was throwing away fabric. Hanging my head in shame... I went through the trash bag and pulled out the scraps that I could make these... ummmm there is about 60 4" circles. I know I know... what was I thinking???? You were right I was wrong... there are you happy??? LOL



Can you believe I almost threw away all that fabric??? LOL. OHHHHH I have plans for all of this. Just what I need another unfinished project. Right??? I know I know. Pretty soon I'm going to have to hold myself accountable and make myself work on this stuff and show you finished projects once a week or every two weeks just to make myself do it. You WILL be holding me accountable. I don't want to let you all down just because I'm ADD and a procrastinator.

Anyway, I hear the coffee pot calling me... these dang voices in my head I tell you. That and I ummmm ahhhhh NEED to go to one of my favorite quilt shops as they are having 40% off today. What did someone say SALE???? For those who live near Kidron Ohio you where I'm talking about. That and I have some items I need to ship to customers so while I'm out another 15 minute drive wouldn't hurt right???????? LOL. Besides it probably wouldn't be appropriate to skip around the store giggling to myself and rubbing the fabric would it? I'll just blame it on the voices in my head. So if you see me there you'll know who I am :)
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Mary, LOL! You crack me up! Ok~ don't hate me because I love hearts! Not all types of hearts, but certain ones!
    Steve sure got lots done for you! I'd buy stock in Green Giant if I were you! LOL!
    Maybe I need to eat more veggies! Do spinach salads count?
    I can't wait to see it all!
    Have a good weekend!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, you made me chuckle reading your blog this chilly morning! Really, stir fry? I'm makin' some for my hub for lunch today!!!! I have a long list of projects for him ;-) We'll see how far it gets me.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun to read, and you need to give as many projects as possible to Steve (he is a keeper)!! I feel hyped up just reading all that you have shared with us in this one blog post, and all of yours are inspiring! Love it Mary, keep on going, and even thinking of tossing fabric into the trash makes me hurt ;D, thus why my sewing area is so messy! Have a great weekend, enjoy your lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary...your to silly! Steve did a good job on those projects. The bench for your coffee table turned out great! By the way what r u uo 2 with tha fabric...guess we will just have to wait and see!!
    Blessings~Geesha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coffee table is EXACTLY what we're thinking of building! Does Steve have any plans, so that I don't have to spend the 10 minutes coming up with them on my own?

    You've got some great looking stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very comical!! Love the table and all the other projects...yes, save your fabric scraps to stuff dolls and lots of prims!! Goofy girl!!
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok So what are you going to do with your fabric circles. Someone gave me about 300 of them. Have no clue what to do with them, except throw them out or cut them up for scrap quilts. But open to other ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah I know what quilt shop
    you are posting about in Kidron.
    And I have not been there for
    a long time. Hmmm you just gave
    me an idea where to go next time
    hubby has to go to Lehmans and browse around.

    Susan
    Wooster OH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful post, Mary. That bench/table turned out great. Reading about all of your projects has motivated me to get busy. Can't wait to see what you do with those fabric circles.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve is a worker! A creative guy. Great projects
    T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary, my head is spinning just reading all that is going on.8-) I wish you could bottle whatever gets Steve motivated, you would be rich!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Does Steve have an available brother? lol
    Nice Projects.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY for Steve!! :)
    Looks like you both have been super busy! I just did some catch up reading....I've been so busy with the missionary homecoming and the wedding that I haven't been able to spend much time in the blog world....and I have missed so much! LOL
    I hope all is well with you and yours!
    oxox
    Jo-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness, I sure wish I could get that motivated! Dang send some of that energy my way. Lots of great projects! How nice of Steve to get started on them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You crack me up ! One lucky woman to have a motivated crafty man , make him a list and we should start a drive for coupons for frozen veggies !lol I am so glad you dug that fabric out of the trash , o the things you can create now ! Have a great week and happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.