Monday, May 30, 2011

Updates...

Well, here it is 9:00pm here at the Homestead on Memorial Day and this is the first chance I've been able to sit down and post. I have been working a ton so I haven't been able to work on anything by the way of crafting. Heck, I didn't even get my flowers until today. They aren't planted, but I have them. We hosted the Memorial Day gathering today for my family and even Steve's sister and husband came after he invited them. We had a ton of food and conversation. It was too hot to do anything outside so we stayed in the air conditioning and watched Pawn Stars. I made potato salad for the first time that was more mashed potato salad than anything. LOL. No one got sick so I guess it wasn't too bad. We now have a ton of left overs for the week too.

After today I work the next 4 days and then off Saturday and Sunday. I plan on going through some more totes this weekend to clear out the clutter. Don't worry I'll let you know. LOL. It feels good to get things cleaned out.

Other than that I thought I'd show you what I have been working on. While at work in my down time most of you know I take a cross stitch with me. I started this one awhile ago and have been making a lot of progress. I hate stitching the letters so I'm leaving that for last. LOL. This is gonna look awesome on my wall when I'm done.



I promised pictures of my redecorated living room and I attempted to take some tonight, but they turned out awful. I will have to wait until daytime to take them. I should do it soon since I had to clean up the house for the get together today. LOL. I will see what I can do in the next few days. My kids are done with school in 2 days so the house will be a wreck soon enough. Speaking of school my daughter passed all of her Ohio Graduation Tests except Math. This is a HUGE feat for her due to her learning disabilities. I am so proud of her. She has until the end of her senior year to pass this part. So she has 2 more years. She is even voluntarily taking a free Math class this summer to be able to take the test again this summer to pass. Even if she doesn't pass she will still get to graduate due to her disability. But with her determination she will pass it.

My son, well, he's a boy and is not too concerned with school. LOL. Grrrr...he tells me he has all A's and B's except one C I think. At least that is what it was last week. To him school isn't important. He is more into his friends and making money. He's been mowing my parents yard to earn money. I am making him save part of it and giving him part of it to spend. This wasn't until he paid me back for some Christmas CDs he forgot to return to the library. Grrrr... nothing like getting a letter in May about some CDs he borrowed in December. REALLY???? $40.00 for fees. So I told him to keep the CDs.

So friends I will try to post before the weekend, but I'm not guaranteeing it. I would LOVE to start working on something new. Have a great week!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that cross stitch is gorgeous!!! Congrats to your daughter!I could not help but smile at your son and his thoughts on school. LOL! Definitely brought back memories of my son and school. Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get time. Have an awesome week .Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sampler is awesome!! Reminds me how much I love cross-stitch - just wish it were easier on my eyes.... Yay! for your daughter...Cool beans! As for your son - well, been there, done that. Think it's part of there genes. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross-stitch piece is stunning -- I love it!
    Congrats to your daughter -- how proud you must be of her! And I'm sure your son will come around in time!! If those are the grades he is getting without really trying, that's pretty amazing!
    Don't worry about your mashed potato salad -- done that a few times myself!!
    Enjoy your week -- looking forward to seeing your new pics.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you had a wonderful holiday weekend!
    your home and what is going on sounds quite normal - I felt right at home.

    Congratulations to your daughter. I think it's just awesome that she is doing these things on her own. Bless her little heart.

    And your son...I raised 3 with the same attitude but they always come out on top let me tell you - it's so worth it so we just need to go with the flo and know that we are leading them in the right direction. He sounds very, very typical and cute!

    Love your sampler!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I can't wait to see the finished sampler.
    Your kiddos sound like most of America's households. Must be a boy thing to have that careless attitude as my son was the same way and kudo's for your daughter doing so well, with her determination you mentioned she will be fine. I'm happy for you.
    Take care.
    Blessings,
    Sheila
    http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your children doing so well in school! What an awesome achievement!

    I love the sampler that you are doing and what a wonderful blue color.

    Blessings,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.