Saturday, June 16, 2012

Decorating Again...

Happy Weekend my friends!!!!  I know I said I was going to craft this weekend since I had 4 days off in a row, but instead I got the decorating bug.  Although yesterday I put a couple of things in the yard sale my neighbor was having since they are moving out at the end of the month.  They have been some of the best duplex neighbors I could have.  Anyway, I sold absolutely nothing so today I decided not to set up.  Instead what do I do??? Yep pull some of the things I was going to sell and start using them again. LOL.  I have also discovered while decorating that I just can't let go of my "clutter ways." I was trying to simplify, but today ummmm not so much. :/  OH well most of it isn't permanent so I can move it around if I need.

Sooo... here's a sneak peek at what I've done so far....


The chicken wire shelf was the trash pick I found a month ago. This is the only permanent thing I've done so far. I finally got Steve to fix it it and hang it. The pineapple cutting board was a Goodwill find (I just had to restain it), you remember the tote, and the red box (silverwear box) was a flea market find.  The courting candle was a yard sale reuse.  I already sold one of them off Facebook. lol.  The pantry cakes were a yard sale resuse too.


The candle holder was a yard sale reject. lol.  No one wanted it so I'm reusing. This is my stairway going upstairs.  That glass on my stitchery is suppose to be no glare. :-/

Please ignore the mess in the background.  This is what I do when I redecorate.  I just put stuff wherever til I decide what I'm going to do. LOL  This is the wall where the above rake was.  The table is my neighbors yard sale good. The cupboard I already had and was sitting in the basement. The three boxes to the left on the cupboard were flea market finds as was the wood lathe "rack."  I'm reusing the pantry cake the coffee stained muslin runner from my yard sale and the whisk broom was a Goodwill find.  The only thing I can't decide is whether to leave the shelf on the bottom of the table empty or not. I just want you all to see that you can achieve prim decorating from cheap odd finds with next to nothing money.  

So as you can see I'm back to my cluttery old self. LOL.  Oh well, I like it!!!!  Now if only I can get Steve to hang his flat screen TV back on the wall so I can redecorate the top of the cabinet. 

I think I may do a little bit of crafting here in a bit.  I have some fake pears just screaming for some attention.  I'm going to wax dip them.... I think.... LOL.  Hop you all have a wonderful Father's Day weekend.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    i keep getting rid of stuff and then I buy more. My neighbor says I need to be careful at Goodwill because I will probably just buy back what I donated!
    Have a great weekend. Stop by when you have a chance.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shelf on the bottom of the little table looks like the kind that is a bookcase, so some old books would be great there. ...jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary...boy do I envy the way you can just change things around so effortlessly and have everything come out looking so good!! Hey...if you like your look being "cluttery" then that is all that matters...it's obviously who you are and it 's perfect!! Enjoy your day, Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.