Saturday, January 4, 2014

Getting Busy

Good Saturday morning to you!  Mine hasn't been too good yet.  If you live in Ohio you know it is quite frigid out.  Supposedly it was a balmy 12 degrees F but it felt much colder.  I worked my normal 24 hour shift yesterday and was done this morning at 7 am.  Well, I walk out to my car and NADA!!!! NOPE!!! wouldn't start.  Are you kidding me!?!?!?! This car is about to be the death of me I swear.  It is paid for so I guess it's time for me to nickel and dime it together.  I also need my heat fixed, my check engine light, and now maybe a new battery.  YAY!!!! Happy New Year to me!!!!  Anyway, I had to have my partner jump start my car and lucky for me it started.  I need to call the shop on Monday and see if there is a warranty on my battery since I only got it 2-3 years ago.  I really don't want to say what next... BUT what next... lol.

I know you all came back to see how my juice diet is going. Well, uh, we put it off a few more days until we actually get a juicer.  I just couldn't get past the feeling of eating hair.  I scraped my carrots but when I blended them they got stringy and with every mouthful it felt like I had hair in my mouth ICK!!!! The taste was ok but from what I read it needs to be "juice" not smoothie.  You are suppose to strain it before you drink it. So, I will have to get back to you on that.  Plus we had just made a really yummy ham with mashed potatoes the night before we were to start it and well, I just couldn't let that food go to waste and not eat left overs. lololol You guessed it I was procrastinating!!!!  I was one up on Steve though he didn't even try the "smoothie" so I get an A for effort. lol

Since I wasn't busy making the juice on Thursday I was bored.  I laid on the couch all morning with Steve and kept complaining I was bored.  So, as I looked around my living room anxiously thinking about what I could change I had an idea.  Steve moved some stuff around in the basement and moved an old bench that was my grandma's out to the garage.  Well, we couldn't have that so I suggested that would make a great addition to the living room.  After all, I did move the rocking chair out.  So, he brought it upstairs for me.  He's so good isn't he?  He put it in the spot and we both stared at it.  hmmmm.... it's too plain.  Steve suggested I make a cushion and pillows for it.  I think he knew if he suggested it I wouldn't be bored and bugging him all day.  lol.  Off to the CLEAN craft room I went.  He had suggested blue or red would be great colors.  I just happened to remember I had some left over red upholstery fabric I bought from a prim shop/ upholstery shop a year ago really cheap. (hint hint If you have any upholsterers in your area ask if they sell remnants you can normally get them cheap!)  Then I remembered I had just bought some old blue and white mattress ticking at an antique shop.  Well, the decision was made to use the red.  Then after I made that then Steve said I needed pillows and the sizes should be 7"X7" and 9"X9" and he came to the craft room and helped me select fabric!!!! I think I have a new decorator in the house!!! LOL.  So this is how it turned out...


Oh but wait we aren't done... the pillows are reversible!!!  This little project helped me clean up the craft room because I used fabric scraps to stuff everything.  I am so cheap FRUGAL that I don't throw away any fabric.  I keep a garbage bag full of clean scraps to stuff with.  Steve picked all the fabrics :-)


I finished up that project lickity split.  Woot!!!! Woot!!!!  We have momentum now.  What next...  I decided to finish up a mini quilt I started awhile back. I LOVE piecing I don't love quilting :-( I do NOT finish them because I stink at machine quilting.  OK I'm afraid to do it because I haven't done enough of them to get better.  So no laughing. Promise?!?!?!  :-)


Today I'm doing a little organizing of my stitching stuff.  Wait til you see my new idea!!!! Have a great day.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Your bench turned out great! Love the colors. The quilt turned out good too! Maybe you should be bored more often, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Cabin fever can be a good thing :) It's bitter cold here in Pennsylvania too, my boyfriend and I spent the day out running errands yesterday and it was brutal! We need to quilt together girl, I hate the piecing but love the sewing....stay warm!! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.