Monday, March 17, 2014

A Kick Start

Good Morning!!!I bet you are wondering what I figured out for my punchneedle project.  Nothing! LOL  I just haven't had time yet.  That is on my list for this week.  I also have some of my birds that need finishing touches.  That is on the agenda today though.  I need to get my kitchen island cleaned off so they must be finished today.  

I told you I would tell you about my business as things happen.  Well, this weekend I bought myself a laptop/notebook/netbook whatever it's called to use for my business.  I need to figure out how to get my cross stitch design program on it so that while I'm at work I can be designing new patterns.  I can also take it to my craft room and listen to music or watch movies while I'm crafting.  :-)  It'll hopefully keep me from thinking about how cold it is down there right now. LOL  Everyone else in this house has their own iPad or laptop, so it was time I got one too.  I have to keep up with the Jones' LOL.  This is one of the huge changes I'm making for my business.  I will be able to work on just about anything (blog,website, or whatever) I need to at all times while at work. It will hopefully keep me organized as well.  I have a program that is like a schedule book.  Heaven knows I need a schedule since my brain is always moving about twenty different directions.  This will keep me on task. HOPEFULLY.... lololol

My second bit of news, which is actually really exciting for me, I am one of the newest designers offering my patterns on PatternMart.  If you haven't heard of it please take a few minutes and check it out.  There are tons of patterns of all types offered on this website.  As of right now, I don't have anything listed as this just came about last Thursday.  As I said windows of opportunity are opening for me.  I still have a ton of reading to do to figure out how to use it.  I will let you know as soon as I am up and running.  Until then you can still buy all patterns from my website www.gettysburghomestead.org.

Saturday while pondering what I was going to do with that punchneedle fiasco I decided to move around stuff in my living room.  Whenever I get frustrated I stop and do something else.  What do I decide to do?  Move my living room around a little.  LOL.  Sometimes I think that is just as hard.  So, how about a few pictures this morning before I go and get busy. :-)

Spring is arriving...




You all know how thrifty I am.  All baskets pictures here were either flea market or thrift store finds.  






Pin It

4 comments:

  1. You certainly don't lack for anything to do Mary! Good luck with your new business plan, happy for you. Though I'm not a cross stitcher I do enjoy seeing your lovely work and kudos on joining Pattern Mart!
    As always your decorating is inspiring.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Mary, love your prim Spring decorating, your home is so cozy. Best of luck on your business, way to go!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Best of luck with your new business, and congrats on joining Pattern Mart! I'll be looking for your work there!
    Love your spring decorating... I'll be doing that this week if I can find a few minutes... Your home is always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos of your living room. I also do that at random times (move it all around lol). Good luck with the pattern mart business!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.