Saturday, March 8, 2014

New/Old Finishes

Recently I have come to the realization I can't do it all.  I can't work a full time job, part time job, and another part time job teaching as well as run my business.  There is just not enough hours in the day.  So, out of shear frustration I swore I was going to quit my full time job and work part time.  To be honest, I would come out further ahead health insurance wise if I only worked 2 part time jobs.  I checked with an insurance agent who confirmed it.  Money for the household wise I would dig myself into a grave.  It's a double edged sword.  It took yelling at Steve to finally realize that I must keep my full time job :-/  The partner I was with, who drives me crazy, got a new job so I'm hoping it helps me actually like my job again.  After my paycheck was almost $200 less than it should have been because he was off sick so the company sent me home with no pay.  I bet you are wondering where I'm going with all this...

Well, I have decided that as off April I am going to take a leave of absence from one of my part time jobs.  For how long? I don't know.  It is not my teaching job! lol I LOVE teaching.  My plan is to get myself a business plan in order to buckle down and craft as one of my part time jobs.  There are so many projects I have started and not finished because of time.  I have not had time to publish new cross stitch patterns that I've stitched.  I haven't had time to get my Picturetrail/website updated.  I take on too many custom orders than I have time to do right now.  So, I have decided that I am not taking any more custom orders on until I get myself in order.  The hardest part of all this for me is narrowing down what I am going to offer.  Do I just do cross stitch/ punchneedle designs and sell patterns, or make and sell the finished products, or do I make one of a kind items and not take orders so that I can keep creating, or do I try and do both and take orders???? ugghhh... I just don't know what to do.  I'm so indecisive.  If I take orders it cuts down on my time to create new items, but taking orders helps pay the bills. aaaccckkk!!!!! I'm beginning to think this is going to be very difficult.  I really need a laptop in order to be able to work on my business while I'm at work in my down time.  That would free me up when I'm home to craft.

Anyway, this week I was all caught up on my customer orders and decided to finish up a project I started last spring.  It is a pattern from Sweet Meadow Farms.  I had the rabbits cut out and sewn together last year.  Easter came and went before I could finish it because I had customer orders I needed to get out.  Out it came from my "to finish" stack.   I just thought this was so cute.  So, I guess this is an old finish since I started last year. lol  Is this something I should offer for ordering or just make a one of a kind or just keep it for me???? This is where I am stuck. ugghhhh


Then could I finish another unfinished project? NO! Of course not.  I start a new one. LOL.  I just love making these birds.  I would LOVE to make a few bluebirds, doves, or cardinals.  Once again do I take orders or just make one of a kinds and leave it at that?  See why I'm so confused as to what to do? lolol



I made both of these yesterday while trying to nurse my tail bone.  I am such a klutz that yesterday morning while coming downstairs I decided to take a fall down my steps then slide on my butt down several steps before I stopped myself by squeezing onto the hand rail.  Each and every step I could feel my tail bone flex. :shiver:  Needless, to say I didn't do much sitting. LOL.  I find myself leaning forward in my favorite chair to keep my weight off of it as we speak.  Hopefully by Monday I can work. It sure does make driving a car very painful and difficult. OUCH!

Well, the pain in my butt. (no not Steve) teehee is acting up so I will sign off.  By the way my I still can't get to my decorations under my steps in the basement! LOL I will be back next week with some pictures of one of my friends pictures of her home that I took to submit to Country Sampler.  They are awesome!  See you soon.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the birds! Would you sell them wholesale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I used to do custom orders and wholesale I got burned out with the repetitiveness. I liked being creative and doing one or two and moving on to something else. Some people do good with assembly line repeatedly doing the same thing. So go with what style suits your personality. Those blow up donut pillows work wonders. LoL. Been there ouch! Feel better! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. I'm sorry I can't offer any help when it comes to decisions. But they can always be changed if that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.