That being said... I bought some actual vintage blue and white striped mattress ticking awhile back while on a shopping excursion with a good friend of mine. It was a really long piece but odd shaped. I wasn't sure at first what I wanted to do with it until recently. There were some stained parts on it and I don't even want to think about what it is. LOL So, I looked to make sure I had enough good parts to make a bolster pillow case.
None of the seams held!!!!! They all pulled out because mattress ticking ravels as you can see. All of my seams were now gone. GRRRRRRRR!!!!! Now what?!?!!? Well, I threw it on my sewing table and walked away. I was so upset it didn't work that I didn't even want to see it for a few days. Plus I was trying to figure out how I was going to fix it. I am NOT going to waste this fabric! Today, finally, I went downstairs and attempted to fix it. What I ended up doing to it is folding over the edges and sewing through all 4 layers instead of 2 like normal. Unfortunately, I did had to shorten the overall width on both sides. The length was still ok though. So, here it is all finished.
I really like it. It is an awesome addition to MY bed. It's awesome creating things just for me and not having to think if someone else will like it. :-)
Have a great weekend my friends.