Friday, October 31, 2014

Quick and Easy Pillow Covers

Some of you may remember that Country Sampler magazine was coming for a photo shoot here at the homestead.  If not, well they did. LOL.  Anyway, Tuesday was the big day.  Let me tell you I did not sleep well at all the few weeks leading up to it. Ugghhh!!!! So much to do, so much to fix, and so much to worry about. 

Anyway, in preparation for the photo shoot there were a few things that were suggested by the stylist that I have for the pictures.  One was extra pillows for my couch  Mind you this was one week before the shoot.  Now, I normally have only 2 pillows because 3 people sit on the couch at once most times and there is not much room left for pillows.  But you have to make your home warm and inviting.  Well, I knew I didn't have the money to buy pillow coverings so I would have to make some.  The question was when was I going to have time.  I had nail holes in the wall to fill, uh corral the dust bunnies, clean the entire house top to bottom.  Plus I had to work and make sure my kids got where they needed to go.  I had planned to stay up late a couple nights before the shoot and sew up a couple. Well, that didn't work out as planned.  I fell asleep. UGGGHHH!!!  Before I knew it the day of the shoot had arrived and NO pillow cases.  I secretly kept hoping she would forget about them and just use the two I had.  Uhhhh... not so much. WHAAAAAT?!?!?!!? Now what???? Oh I know... start sweating, get anxious, think about faking passing out... just distract... tuck and roll.  LOL. Next thing I know I came up with these...



I know what you are thinking... uh Mary the oranges don't match... yeah I know... but the stylist was ok with it.  LOL.  No they weren't all like this on this couch.  They were spread out.  Pretty nifty eh?  Let me let you in on a little secret. 

Have a someone coming over for a visit?  Need a quick change out on your pillows?  Have no fear a yard of fabric and safety pins to your rescue!!!! Yes, my friends, I did this for a national magazine photo shoot.  I just laid the pillow in the middle of the fabric and folded up the fabric and pinned it in place.




 



 But if you do this make sure those special visitors don't turn your pillows over!  I'm just saying.  You might be a little embarrassed to say the least.  Hey, all I can say is I just didn't have time to sew them up.  Adapt and overcome is my motto. 
 
Have a great day!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with making do, our ancestors certainly did it! Though I know it will be a long time until we see those photos I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that idea..can still use the fabric for something else and change your decor any time you want..so cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well most prims were made to make do..great job for thinking to do it this way. Cannot wait to see your home featured. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.