Friday, August 1, 2008

Fat Friday Recipe... and some Goodwill finds

As promised another recipe that my hubby likes to make. I didn't think about it until today to take a picture, but you all know what it looks like.

Tater Tot Casserole
1 lb browned hamburger or Sausage (I've used both)
1 onion (optional) we don't put it in.
8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup ketchup
Tater Tots
cheese

Fry up your onion( if using) with the hamburger or sausage and drain. Mix cream cheese, soup, milk, salt, and ketchup together. Put in 8X8 or slightly bigger dish and cover with Tater Tots. Bake until done. We put ours in for about 35 minutes on 350 degrees. Watch the Tater Tots and when they are browned and crispy looking should be done. Put a layer of cheese on top and let it melt.

GOODWILL FINDS.....

Alright I was having enough withdrawals from thrift store hunting so I went to the local one today. These are just some of the pics as my camera batteries died. I'll have to show you the rest later.

Yes Yes I hear it now. Mary weren't you the one who said they were addicted to fabric and yes I did. I couldn't pass up the fabric $1.00 each. The one the left is a black and white check, middle, denim, and right is a brown woven tweed type. I am going to repaint the blocks, darken up the watermelon, and the old cribbage board I just couldn't pass up.



Can we say coffee stain... Oh yeah!!!!



And these cute little writing tablets for .50 a piece. Too cute.

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Hi Mary~
    Yippie a recipe I can eat-I will just change the soup with a gluten free cream soup! I don't know why I didn't think of something like this recipe...My whole family will love it!
    Thanks Mary! Have a great weekend~I have to get busy doing crafts so I can TRY to catch up with you (Though I don't think that is possible!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sound like a very good recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, good finds. Think I may make a quick run to the thrift store. All this talk of thrifting is too tempting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good finds..

    One of these days I will jump on the Fat Friday band wagon, just not today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds! I have never made this recipe, but I am going to! Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we love tater tot casserole!!
    i love those little notebooks!! you found them at the thrift store?/!! great job!!
    i am charging my batteries right now. got a few goodies at the yard sale. i am planning on going to a couple more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous! I had a couple hours to myself this morning, so I thought I would head to the goodwill! Get there at 9:00, didn't open til 11:00! What kind of place opens at 11:00 and in a big city! BUMMER! So I didn't get my goodwill fix. :(

    You found some great finds, as usual! That fabric will look so gooood dyed!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe sounds yummy...need to start saving all the wonderful recipes everyone is sharing.
    What is a cribbage board.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having thrift store withdrawal myself. We have a small Salvation Army in town so I decided to go earlier this week and it was closed!
    Looks like you made out okay at the Goodwill. I saw a cribbage board at a garage sale recently and passed. Hmmm, maybe I should have grabbed it.
    Sorry to hear that you have to spend your weekend in a classroom. Hopefully it'll go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost just spit water all over my computer. I made tatertot casserole once. JUST ONCE. Nobody (including me)in my house liked it very much (probably not the recipe, but just my culinary skills). BUT, to this day, when my oldest son is questioned about what my favorite food is--he always says tatertot casserole. Many mother's day projects have come home like this, "My mom's favorite color is green. My mom is happy when she is reading to us. My mom's favorite food is tatertot casserole." WTH?? That's kind of an ongoing joke in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to try that recipe!!! Yummy!!! I can't wait to see your goodies all primmed up!! Have fun in your class this weekend!!;0)....Show them boys up!!!LOL Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary,

    Okay, another recipe I want to try! That sounds like one Joy might eat...my little one that doesn't eat many different things!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss your post earlier? I must have just skipped on over accidently! EEK

    I need to write down a few of your recipes because I know my family would enjoy them. This one I think wouldn't get many complaints. I mean, come on there are TATER TOTS in it! :D

    Nice GW finds. It's okay....you can start your 12 step program for fabric tomorrow ;) Hey, I found a 2.5 gallon bag filled with quilt pieces today for $1!! What I'm going to do with it, I don't know. My Gram may end up with most of them but I couldn't pass up the deal!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never ever find fabric at our GW, isn't it funny how different they all are?
    You found some good finds!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    *Rondell*

    ReplyDelete
  15. The fabric is awesome! I love the watermelon too! I love going to thrift stores! I go straight to the home accessories to see what goodies I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed reading about how you love decorating your home in a prim style. i love antiques, and i love to decorate my home too. Now i have a blog, website and an antique store. I love to go to thrift stores too. You never know what you might find there. Hope you will come by for a visit.
    Take care.
    Carole-I hope you will add me to your blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have never heard of tater tot casserole,....is it good...i will have to try it out sometime....thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.