Friday, August 1, 2008

It's F-R-I-D-A-Y !!!!!!

Normally I would be excited but this entire weekend I have to spend in a classroom. My chief decided it would be a good idea for me to go to this class that is an absolute bore. It is called Incident Command. Basically, what it is if something should happen like 9/11 again I have the tools and ability to run the scene in the absence of the chief. I will know what authorities to call on local, state, and national levels. The worst part is I will be in a class with a bunch of men who do not believe a woman belongs in the fire service. Woohoo!!!! Sounds fun (notice the flat tone in my voice.) LOL. So I will not be able to visit with all of you this weekend, but I'll be back Monday.

Do any of you on here have Yahoo mail? All of a sudden I can't email people with comcast or hotmail addresses. I have always been able to up until about a week ago when I couldn't send a note to my friend with a comcast email. Now last night I received a question from a hotmail account and it got returned that I was spamming this person. I am definitely not doing that. HMMMMM... just wondering.

Well, I decided I would show you my weird kitchen. Remember I have not painted this room yet or changed anything. I can't decide what I want to do yet. WARNING: It isn't anywhere near spotless for these pics. LOL.

Let's start tearing this place apart. See back in the corner behind the crock pot? The handle of the shelf disappeared. That's because there is no cabinet in the corner. It is empty wasted space. The basket up above is on a board to keep it from falling through.



The black cabinet used to be a book shelf. I happen to have these shutters on a wall framing a mirror at our old house, but since I have limited storage and no pantry I had to come up with something. That little drawers beside the stove are not bolted into a stud so they move around.



That is my newer black trash can that I love. Until I get an over the oven microwave to save counter space I put it on top. I got that blanket rack from a yard sale this year.



Now what's wrong with this picture? Yep my sink faces an inside wall. No window to look out. I hate that. Hubby says unless we change the size of the windows this is where it will stay.



Now doesn't this look out of place? A refrigerator hanging out by itself in the middle of no where. And on a 45 degree angle wall. So much for the work triangle. LOL.



Guess what is underneath my window seat. YES I hate the fabric on the seat I just haven't changed it yet. LOL. Yep upper cabinets. Someone took upper cabinets and made them into a bench seat for more storage. See how big my windows are. This is why my sink isn't in front of them.



This is on the other side of the fridge. Like my cords. LOL. I had a dry sink there but the cool air from the AC was ruining the wood. So I had to move it. Another huge window in my kitchen. I love all the light that comes in, but it makes it difficult to plan a kitchen update.



So there you have it. I'll be back later to post my Fat Friday Recipe when I decided what it will be. LOL.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Your kitchen has a lot of potential! It is nice, just has a few quirks. Someone just didn't know what they were doing when they designed things! LOL I have learned that...some people are not meant to be design planners! ;) You'll figure it all out one day and it will be perfect. Your house really is beautiful! I would have bought it in a heartbeat, too and just worked on fixing the stuff that makes no sense to me :)

    Have a great weekend...okay, even if it is boring, try to make the best out of it!!! Show those guys who's smarter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I really like your house with all it's quirks and personality. You are just the creative soul who can thrive in it.
    blessings on your weekend. You'll survive the class though it's boring and those of us who depend on folks like you in emergency situations are grateful for the time you spend training.
    Smiles to you
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're kitchen is totally prim do able. I have faith that in time you'll make it what you dreamed of. Mine is so bad I haven't even showed it yet.

    So are you gonna tell me what you got today or make me wait all a weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your does have a lot of potential! My sink also faces a wall and nothing I can do about unless I have lots of $$$ to fix it. My kitchen has a double window in there, so no way cabinets or a sink can fit.
    And my side-by-side frige that hubby insisted on getting fills the space fine, but the frige door side opens up to hit the trim on one of those windows, so it is aggravating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you have a great kitchen. I noticed the huge baseboards that they just don't do anymore. I would love all those windows. You have so much to work with!!!
    Trixi

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the windows, yes, the sink facinge the wall is weird.hmmm. my friend near me has the same set up. even the refrig setting out there by itself. its so funny cause she said the same thing about a "working triangle". lol
    i love your goodies on top of the cabinets!! looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,
    I like your kitchen!! I would love an older home-they just have so much character.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dream has always been to have an older home...they have so much character to them...I think your kitchen looks nice.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think some open shelves for display where the fake cabinet is would be a great solution there. And you have so many great things on top of the cupboards. I just know you will get it right when you get to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would trade my kitchen for yours any day. I have one bank of cupboards approx. 7 feet long, that's it. My sink also faces a wall, stove sits in front of the one and only heat register and the back wall is only just over 6 feet tall. Good thing we're all shorties in our family.
    After seeing other areas of your home, I know you'll have this kitchen just to your liking in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you might not have a window over your sink, but you have nice prims to look at. :) Your display above the cabinets are great!! Your kitchen might have a few quirks but I still think it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.