Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Watcha Working on Wednesday

Many of you know Leslie from My Country Home started Watcha Working on Wednesday awhile back and of course I jumped on board. By doing this it makes me keep moving on stuff and being creative. I find it hard to motivate myself sometimes so she does it for me. I like to plan ahead and decide what I'm going to do the next week. Many of you know I have been working on "stuff" to put on my website. I hate calling it "stuff", but what else can I use... primitive needfuls, junk to some, things, ...oh I don't know. Oh I know how about dirt prim grungy needfuls YOU have to have for your home. LOL. I find myself going a bit of a different direction with my creations recently. I really do like what I am evolving into. Anyway, enough of the blabber here's what I've been working on....


I love corn cob dolls....



My table mat... I'd call it a candle mat, but it's a bit big for that. Anyway are the leaves fabulous. They are actually crunchy like real leaves. Not sure if I can part with this but you never know.




Of course a prairie doll with a pumpkin just for the season.



I decided to try a prim towel. I added a fabric loop on the back to hang it from.



A close up of the fabric patch I added.




My favorite things to make.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE oh did I say LOVE to make aprons and bonnets. Of course these are my own pattern and each one is different. I have made a few just out of muslin for myself that are hanging in my kitchen. This one is a dark blue...



Brown and tan obviously...



And of course light blue... I know they aren't fallish but hey I leave them up year round.



I tried a couple pumpkins... this pic was taken this am in the dark because I didn't want to turn the light on to take the pic cuz hubby fell asleep on the couch.



Last but not least another girl scarecrow. I don't remember who commented on my last one that they had never seen a girl scarecrow... so that was it I wanted to be different so I created another one. I want to create things that you don't see anywhere else. You can't see too well but she has on red pantaloons under her dress. She turned out so adorable. Sorry sooooo prim. LOL



So there you have it what I've been working on. I told you not to go get yourself worked up. I, however, am very excited about my creations. I would love to be able to get these on my website on Thursday at some point. We'll see how things go between now and then.

I am in the beginning stages of thinking about my 100th post giveaway. Yeah yeah I know that is like 20 some posts away, but I want to make it a good one. I am trying to decide what will people want for FREE (bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa) so I'm trying to laugh like I'm spooky LOL. Did you get that??? Hmmm.... twenty some posts will be near my birthday too. Boy there are going to be some lucky people out there. What to do what to do... guess you'll all have to wait til closer.

Now I'm gonna embarrass someone who reads my blog I think. I like looking at my Feedit Live thing to see where people are coming from to read my blog. The other day I noticed someone from my hometown was here. Now I won't tell you the town name, but the person will know by the next few comments I make. This town holds the annual Blue Tip parade in June, you have the Ella Everhard library, ummm... Casa Del Rio restaurant, and Thurbers Jewelry store is there. hehe if they read this they are gonna be like wha..... if this is you please leave a comment or email me. My parents still live there. Don't you just love calling people out. LOL. They are probably like hey I just want to be a lurker I can't believe she just did that. Well, if you haven't read my blog from the beginning yep I'm like that. I see everything just like I tell my kids... I have eyes everywhere.... LOL. Please don't be shy and not leave a comment I don't bite really.... I love meeting new people. Everyone here is just one big happy family... Are you humming Kum Ba Yah yet???? Well if you weren't thinking I was crazy before you really are now!!!!
Pin It

26 comments:

  1. You have been working very hard, Mary!
    I love the girl scarecrow and all the aprona and bonnets...well,truthfully, I love all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all of your creations.
    Especially lovin' the candle mat and the apron and bonnets!

    Wonderful!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy girl...everthing is great, but I just love the bonnents..I have not tried to make on of those yet!Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have been busy! I've been checking your website everyday. :) Can't wait to see them in the store! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much can I have the brown/tan apron and bonnet for??? I love that one!!!! It's mine!!! SOLD, SOLD, SOLD!!! Hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am loving the bonnets and aprons!! and i love the rest too!! lol
    are they on your site or where??
    that girl scarecrow needs a name. :)

    i cant wait to see what you are giving away!! i know it will be good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you do it, Mary? I have no excuse. You have a job to boot!! I'm in awe:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like watcha been workin' on.
    great work
    and blessings on sales
    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love every single thing you've been working on! I usually try to go through and I do this little thing where I pick my favorite thing ... but I can't this time. I just can't! LOL

    KumBaYah,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE it ALL! The Table mat is my fave.I want one. Maybe we could work on a trade.

    I know where your hometown is. HEE HEE but I wont tell. I've never ben there though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary,

    I don't think I could pick a favorite of all your creations...you've done a beautiful job! I love them all, but the bonnets and aprons are really awesome...love the colors! You've been one busy lady!

    And staying off the diet drinks and articifical sweeteners is getting easier and I seem to be feeling much better, especially in the last two days. Thanks for asking and thanks for all the info!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been VERY busy, Mary! You have lots of great Prim goodies for fall to add your site :)

    Are you sure the person near you isn't you? LOL Every time I clean my cookies, I have to reset that thing to not read me as another person. And every day, it comes up that I'm in a different location...all towns at least 20 miles from me! I know there is some reasoning behind that but I don't get it. Why can't I just be from where I am from? LOL

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mary! You have been busy...I just love EVERYTHING...especially the bonnets and aprons.
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mary! You have been busy...I just love EVERYTHING...especially the bonnets and aprons.
    Blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your "stuff!" Looks like you have been working pretty hard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job! You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You SURE you don't bit?? LOL

    You have been busy and it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks everyone!!! I just love making stuff. I could do it 24/7 if I had time. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It all is so awesome!! I love your apron and bonnet sets they are my favorite I think!!LOL....Ok all of it is my favorite!!! Have a great day!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh WOW Mary!! You have been so busy! I just LOVE everything! Especially the bonnets!! They are adorable! The scarecrow girl is just too cute! You amaze me with what you do! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love everything...especially the aprons and bonnets.

    Looking forward to your 100th post celebration.

    I too check out my feedjet on my website..sometimes there are so pretty interesting ways people find your blog..lol

    Take care,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  22. That last part is so funny, Mary!! I have a few friends who told me they found my blog and I didn't even tell them about it. Do they comment? Nooo...
    Your work is AMAZING!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Mary... You amaze me with all your crafting! I spend more time looking for materials then doing the craft...Can you explain to me why no fabric store this side of Seattle carrys orange wool felt? HELLO? Fall is right around the corner...We need orange wool felt material selling people! :)

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mary, I just LOVE it all, but, my fav has to be the girl scarecrow~~~
    You are such an inspiration to me~~~
    Hugs friend~~~
    Debbie 3daughters

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it all!!! I may need one of everything, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had to go back and take a look at the corn cob dolls. Never seen those before, the first thing to come to mind was corn husks dolls.
    Love the girl scarecrow. :)

    You've been so busy, I can't believe you hold down a job too. Does your day have more hours in it than the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.