Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wow It's Been Awhile

Alright so I still haven't finished my decorating yet because I am in limbo as to whether or not I have to be out of my home by January 1st. I would hate to get everything out and then have to pack it all up again.

Speaking of moving I have looked at several places here in town and WOW the price of rentals is horrible. I am sorry but I am a single income and can not afford $700-$900 a month. Guess we'll be living in a cardboard box. LOL. Then my neighbor calls me last night and asks if I got the newspaper. I don't that is a luxury item that I can't afford right now. She said there was a duplex for rent and that she called and it was 2 bedroom and 2 bath for $475 a month. So I called the lady and it has a rec room in the basement that could be used for a bedroom. Viola! 3 bedrooms just what I'm looking for. I am not able to go look at it until Friday since I work. That is a bummer but if it is meant to be then it will still be available. Then my neighbor (you know the plumber) said he'd go look at it with me to be sure it was a safe neighborhood and that it would be good enough. Then he is going to look at a dog and asked me if I'd go with him to see it. I LOVE dogs so it was a good trade.

As for the job front... I had a company call me last week out of the blue and tell me that they heard I might be looking for a full time job. I said there is no might about it I am looking. They're like well I think we can help you out. Now I did not apply at this place at all. My co workers at my job now told them about me. I would still be a paramedic only with a private ambulance company. It is not what I really want to do, but it is full time with benefits. They are suppose to call me this week to talk money, but basically the job is mine if I want it. I would work Monday thru Friday 8am- 6pm no weekends or holidays. I would have 10 hours of over time built in each week. So we'll see I guess. Things are looking up for us and I am now being told by my coworkers that I am different, happier here recently. I had one guy tell me I had a glow yesterday. I laughed and said most women don't glow unless they're pregnant and I am certainly not pregnant. LOL.

Anyway, I just thought I'd give you all an update.
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Mary, sounds as if this are going to be okay. I want you to find happiness and it appears that maybe being your own woman is happiness for you.
    I know you said that the job isn't exactly what you want but in this job market it sounds as if you lucked out and better run with it. You didn't really know what you wanted anyways, right?
    But don't' be afraid to stand up and demand some help from the EX, he has already done a number on you and my guess is he will keep doing it as long as you let him.
    Don't let him get his hands on any of your prims! LOL
    Best wishes , big hugs Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary~It looks like things are looking up!
    It is wonderful that you have so many people looking out for you.
    You must be one amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like He is looking after you so well:)

    I'm glad things are working out for you thank goodness for your neighbor and co-workers!

    Have a great day.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well glowing is good. I so hope the apartment waits for you and is what you need and want, and the job works out money wise. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things are going better for you Mary. Sounds like you have some great friends and neighbors around you. Hope the apartment is just perfect for you and that the job works out!Have a good day today !
    Janae :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, thanks for the update. i was checking in on you and it seems things are looking up. Good things to come, my dear.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. HE is good! God bless,Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear your good news. When one door closes, another door opens and it often leads to better blessings. So happy for you. Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, sounds like things are falling into place. I pray everything works out for you, your post even sound more positive!
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, thats great news all the way around!!!
    i am keeping my fingers crossed bout the new place.
    i say the job is a great deal considering the hours and all. at least till you find something else that you enjoy.

    keep us posted on how it goes. we miss ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good news! I'm so happy for you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary! I am so glad things are turning around for you! You seem to be blessed with great friends who are helping you through your tough times!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh mary...I am sooooo glad things are looking up. What wonderful news about the job and the house. And that neighbor sounds awfully nice!

    Hugz,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl,Decorate,it doesn't matter if you move next week,do it all up and make yourselves happy for this week.Don't worry about three weeks from now having to pack it up.Decorating for Christmas makes your house beautiful,makes you and your kids feel happy.I always feel that every season is the memory for a child's life,more important than ours,because we've already had our childhood.What will they remember for this season of thier life?Not decorating is just a reminder that you don't know what's going to happen later.Today is enough in itself,don't worry about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like a dream job, Mary, so I really hope it works out for you. Also, I hope the apt. is in good shape and waiting for you. I'm so glad you have so many helpful friends.

    blessings,
    ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like things just maybe looking up for you. I am so happy and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

    It is so nice that you have people looking out for you. That means alot right there.

    Good Luck and I will be praying for you.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! The job sounds like a blessing! I hope the apartment will work for you. Thanks for the update....I ahev been thinking of you a lot lately. Give those kids a big squeeze and keep glowing. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I just found your blog through The Sandy Dog Bakery. Go for the job! Doing your best to help people in need is a satisfying job indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Mary! I am behind on visiting, but so glad to hear that things are looking up for you. I hope the job turns out to be a dream, and I hope the duplex is wonderful and perfect for y'all.
    Take care and know that we are all praying for you and cheering you on!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. it does look as if things are moving toward a better life for you all; but I would still get a really good attorney and I might just fight for the house; but you have to take care of yourself and do what is good for you; I hope that you are having some fun; you sure deserve it, Merrie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope all is well....have not heard from you lately.Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.