Sunday, February 9, 2014

Kitchen Rearranging

I told you this week I had a few projects to finish around here at the homestead.  It all started with painting the bathroom.  You are never going to guess that this is MY bathroom.  I'm not done so the reveal will be a little further down the line. I need a new shower curtain, decorations, and so on. 

Anyway, that led to the a kitchen clean up, living room furniture switch, then just a total rearrange of the kitchen which affected the dining room.  I could hear Steve muttering under his breath "too much stuff" lololol.  Lastly, a clean up of the master bedroom.  In amongst working Friday and teaching yesterday we managed to get quite a bit done.  In case I haven't told you I am getting my feet wet into teaching new Emergency Medical Technicians.  So far I love it!!!!  The class will last until June.  I'm helping as much as I can in between my work schedule and kid's schedules.

So, let's start with my newly decorated kitchen....

The shelves to the right in the picture that my microwave is on was in my front flower bed frozen to the ground.  We brought it into the garage and let it thaw out last night. I also used it in my booth when I had it.

I didn't like my microwave in the corner as it took up a lot of counter space.  This was the main reason for me to rearrange.


The cabinet was from my great aunt's rental house she had.  My Mom was getting ready to sell the house to the church next door who wanted to demolish the house.  So, before we did that I took this free standing cabinet out as well as all the kitchen cabinet latches and handles. 

I'm not thrilled with the microwave, but it still works and there is no need to buy a new one.  I'd love to have one above my stove, but I don't have enough clearance and then I'd have to talk the landlord into it.

Did you wonder where my computer desk is?  We moved it into the dining room.  That's another post. lol 

I haven't had much time to craft in the last few days but did receive an order for one of my hand stitched samplers.  So, that is my next project. :-)




Pin It

9 comments:

  1. O Mary your home is so pretty...and I don't know how you do all you do , always so busy...I too struggle with lack of counter and too many appliances...have a great evening hugs lil raggedy Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the microwave looks fine where it is. Much better there than taking up counter space, and you've surrounded it with so much pretty stuff, it just goes away. Sometimes we just can't hide all those necessary electronics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful Mary! I really love that cabinet.Can't wait to see more of your beautiful home.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to rearrange! You did a wonderful job ~ love the cabinet you were able to save.
    Looking forward to seeing more!
    Prim Blessing
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing pics of your beautiful home! Everything looks great and that cabinet is wonderful.... glad you were able to rescue it before the building was torn down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rustic look, it's perfectly appropriate for Gettysburg too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.