Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Smile Award...

I was awarded this awesome award called The Smile Award by two very dear friends I have met since joining the blog world. Linda from Behind My Red Door, who has the most wonderful ideas on life and decorating gave me this award. Linda's adventures, pictures, kind words, advice, and Angel work inspire me. You are such a fabulous lady Linda. Robin from The Robin's Nest, who I found through Linda, also a wonderful lady with great pictures and craft ideas also gave the award to me too. Robin is always talking about her kids, her wonderful husband, and love of God's nature make me smile. She tells her story through pictures and words and you feel like you are there with her. Both of these ladies were very deserving of this award and hence then passed it on to me. Well, thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving the award to me it means a lot to me that people enjoy my blog and that I can give you a laugh every now and again. I am not afraid to laugh at myself and show you that I am down to earth and make a ton of mistakes. Which reminds me of a story I need to tell you, but this part is the serious post.





THE SMILE AWARD's rules are:

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (it's right on the award)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver. (s)

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from other.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids.


Wow to pick only 5 people is very difficult as I feel you all deserve it. But it says only 5 so here are my picks.

Leslie from My Country Home always has something up her sleeve for herself and family. I look forward to reading her blog as she immerses herself with the things she loves and people who mean the most. She gives me the best ideas to try in my home.

Ann from This Simple Life is so sweet and kind when she emails me and asks for help. I tell you she has the best ideas and makes me want to make crafts all day. Her tutorials and want to do the best for her family inspire me.

Rondell of Tomato Creek Prims one of the first ladies I met through the blog world. I absolutely love her outlook on life and when I first met her her hubby was in between jobs, but yet she stayed so positive for him. She has a wonderful thrifty side and great sense of decorating. I look forward to reading her blog.

Jo Anne of The Carter Clan I know I give her all the awards, but I just think the world of her. She loves life, her family, and God! I have talked with her through emails and she is such a wonderful advocate for her family in ways some of you might not know. She gives freely, loves much, and laughs often. Of course she can sew like you wouldn't believe. LOL.

And of course Kindra of 3 Guys, a Girl and a Prim Place I think this lady has amazing talent and is so kind and giving. She talks about her boys like a proud mama should. Everything she does to better her family and loved ones. Her decorating style is superb too.

Please visit these ladies and you'll know what I mean.

Also Ann from This Simple Life also wanted me to tell 7 things about myself that no one knows, but I did that here so if you haven't already this makes for a good laugh. Now don't think I have other things that are quite strange about me because I do. I am one strange lady, but I don't want to make this post too long. LOL.
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. What a great surprise Mary! Thank you so much for this award...as I'm smiling away as I type this. I enjoy your blog so much also! You're a great mom, I love your sense of humor, your way of decorating and creating. I look forward to your post everyday! You sure made my day!
    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well deserved, your blog posts make me smile on each visit.
    Blessings
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award!!! I hope you have a great day!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! She also awarded me, and I was going to award you and saw that she already had! LOL!

    Your blog is awesome and I enjoy it so much! You deserve this award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Mary for the sweet things you said about me, I do so enjoy your blog too and I always check in everyday! Like I said before I'd love to go shopping with you I know it would be a blast:)
    I'll post about the award as soon as I have my giveaway!
    Thanks again.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary! I have nominated you for a blog award! Be sure to stop by and pick it up if you would like to have it!

    Hugs,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for spreading all kinds of smiles, Mary! I sure love stopping by...

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mary!

    I wanted to stop in before heading off to bed! I ran in Lowe's and picked up the paint sample of Cabin Red and I'm really liking it. I think I've narrowed my decision to between it and one other. I think that one really compliments my kitchen color! Thanks for telling me about it!

    I don't know about any bursts of energy....I'm about to fall over right now! lol! But...I think I am feeling better...with the exception of a whopper of a headache today while driving Joy to dance! Still no diet dews though...no aspartame at all and it was 2 weeks today. Thanks for the encouragement and for asking! :)

    Congrats on your award...you sure deserve it!

    "See" you tomorrow!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.