Thursday, August 14, 2008

What To Do... Website Has Been Updated

Need I say more my website has been updated... One of you already found it ;-) I am not naming any names here... but you all can beat her later. LOL. Check here Gettysburg Homestead.

Look what my hubby's boss gave him to bring home to me. I have no idea what or where I am going to use them for or put them. But I so love them. I suppose I could put flowers in them, but then you'd have to drill holes in the bottom to let the water out. Oh I know for my potions since I am such a witch sometimes. LOL. One is copper and one is cast iron. Hmmmm.... I haven't even tried to lift them yet. Like the snow plow... yeah that hangs out in my driveway year round. Very pretty isn't it?



Today is haircut day in anticipation of school starting Tuesday, so this should be fun. My DD needs a hairstyle that is easy to take care of because she has a hard time getting conditioner out of her hair because it is so thick. She is also very sensitive on her scalp to combs,brushes, barrettes, or ponytails so most times she won't brush her hair or style it either. This is so hard for me because she is in eighth grade and I remember doing my hair and caring what I looked like. Age wise she is there but mental maturity wise she is lagging and always will. Jeans and t-shirts untied shoes and messy hair is how she goes to school. I've tried to buy her other clothes and they sit there. I guess for me it is picking my battles. This is the least of my worries with her at this stage. She is excited about school starting to see all her friends again and her new "friend" yes a boy Eric. He called her this summer and told her he liked her for who she was. If you'll remember this was the boy who came to her birthday party. I am so happy for her.

I'll catch up with all your blogs later today.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Love the pots. And your website looks great. You've been quite busy to get all that added.

    I understand how your feeling about DD. My DS who is a junior this year has to be reminded to comb his hair every morning before school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    Thanks for the sweet comments today!

    I love those pots! That was a pleasant surprise for your husband to bring home....I would love a surprise like that!

    I have on my list to stop in at your website today....I'm headed out on an errand in a few minutes!

    I'm glad your daughter has found a "special friend". He sounds sweet....sometimes a rare thing these days! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Mary... I just wanted to stop in real quick and say, "you are so sweet!!!!!" I have one more store to try for the orange wool felt then I'm going to resort to the Internet-But I REALLY appreciate the offer so very much! Thank you!
    Have a fun "haircut" day getting ready for school! I only have one left in the home that is attending school and he only has 2 more years-Where does time go?
    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thick hair and a sensitive scalp don't mix. :) Junior high (or do they call it middle school now) is such a complicated time...

    I told you I was keeping an eye on your website. :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checked your web out and you have alot of prim things there for sale!

    The pots are great...for fall maybe you could use them to put gourds in and Indiancorn?

    Have a great day?

    PS I remember those Jr. High days, a good thing we could take stress back then:)
    *Rondell*

    ReplyDelete
  6. A "special friend"?? I dread the day!! I would so put pumpkins or something of that nature in those pot-thingies.
    Off to check out your website...
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pots are perfect! I have been hunting for one too.

    Love the ideas from the girls about filling them with pumpkins, corn and guords. Of course, you could always sit a large potted mum down in the pot so it can be easily removed later.

    Whatever you choose to do with them, I know it will be beautiful!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.