Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Quite Done...

I am back with a bit longer of a post with PICS!!!! You all know I have been working on my living room. The following pictures are already outdated. LOL. OK not all of them just some of them. I will show you what I have already then of course ask your opinion in the end.

OK... Are you ready?????? LOL.





I just need to make some smaller gameboards for in between.













Now that you've seen the rest here is my problem spot. LOL NOT Steve I know what you were thinking. LOL. The wall....



I have decided not to put my HUGE black shelf back up... for now. LOL. What I'm trying to decide is what I want. My first thought is two pictures of a little boy and girl with two candle sconces on the outsides. OR I even thought of making some bigger silhouettes on canvas of two President's with candle sconces on the outside. OR Have Steve make me a double door hanging cupboard in red to put up there. I just hate to put unnecessary holes in the walls until I decide. If you'll notice most of what I'm doing is "stacking". I'm not really putting a bunch of holes in my walls yet. I'm still moving things around so I figure just stacking is better. Like I said some of this has already changed. I am still going to paint my white cabinet...when I get time. Maybe after the kids go back to school a week from today. Not that I'm counting!!!!! LOL OK yes I am.

I haven't gotten a bunch done recently craft wise, but I am almost done with my make-do chair. Once I bring it in I will get a picture of it. I just need to make a cushion which I need to find saw dust for. By the way if any of you use saw dust please give me some pointers. I have heard not to use certain kinds because of bugs or something. Anyway, give me a holler if you can point me in the right direction.

I want to thank all of you who have invited me to be your friend on Facebook. As you can tell I do post a little more often on there. LOL.
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I just love that first photo of your peg rack! Excellent!
    I love the idea of the portraits for your large wall, but all the other ideas sound awesome as well!
    Sorry I was no help!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, everything looks great! I think all of your ideas for over the sofa are good, but I really like the idea of the sillouettes.
    You always do things just right!
    Have a happy week!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW-everything looks great!!
    I do believe no matter what you decide for above the sofa...it's gonna look GREAT!! Ya got the 'touch', girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too think everything looks great. I especially like the stairway wall, it really caught my eye. You must let me know where you got all your samplers. I'm looking for some just like yours that don't have glass.

    Also, for over the couch have you thought about a haging primitive coverlet or quilt?! Perhpas on a blanket crane or even from a distressed large bath towel bar. I know whatever you choose will look great!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve everything you've done so far! I am the same way after i paint a room, i hate to make more holes in the walls. I redone my breakfast nook last fall and just now started adding more to it! All your ideas for over the couch sound great. Give it some time it will hit you what u really want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary it is looking great!! I love how you can make everything thing look so homey!! Have a wonderful day!!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary: All your ideas sound great but if you really aren't sure you can put up a rod of some sort and hang a quilt or coverlet. That's only 2 holes...I use cup hooks to hold quilt rods but blanket cranes work good, too. You have great accessories and how lucky to go to Berlin! Check out my blog: http://theoldefarmhouse.blogspot
    Prim hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say it again I love that comfy sitting area in front of the steps. That is a great peg board. I like the rounded corners. Your wall - I like your idea of president pictures. I have Mr & Mrs Person in my LVR. I have often thought of changing them out from time to time with presidents. I just need to find a really good deal. I am sure what you decide will be great. You have great taste.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.