Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Sewing With a Pattern

The time has come for me to make masks for the family.  I was told today that starting next Monday I am being mandated to wear a mask at work.  I get it! I really do.  I work in an office all by myself, but must still wear one unless I'm eating lunch.  Seriously, they had to say in the email "unless you're eating lunch."   I have so much to say about that statement, but I just have to remember that is why McDonald's coffee cups have to say Caution Hot!

I can sew...somewhat... OK, straight lines and primitive dolls.  I have never sewn anything with a pattern piece per se.  I have watched multiple videos and gotten several mask patterns at my fingertips.  I will be trying several different styles and sizes because Bill is a big guy with a big long head.  Don't tell him I said that! LOL. My daughter is going back to work tomorrow and she to has to wear masks.  So, everything craft wise will be on hold until I make some.


So wish me luck and check back to see what odd shaped things I come up with. :-)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Well, wishing you luck Mary. Curious to see your results! ~Robin~ (And, yeah...I hear you on the "idiot-proof" disclaimers LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make pockets for filters. I used fusible lightweight interfacing between layers, and the rectangular pleated ones. Will try the more fitted ones soon. I made the masks a little wider across the face for the guys and shoelaces to tie. Don't understand being a one person office and needing to wear one constantly. Except of course for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck.They made it mandatory to wear masks in all of our stores now hear in Michigan. I will need to make a few myself now. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.