Thursday, December 29, 2022

Wooly Tree Tutorial... Sort Of

 


For those who follow me on Facebook know I finally made a wooly tree.  Oh I bought everything I needed a couple years ago in great anticipation of doing it.  BUT, I never got to it.  So, in between molding and painting my paper mache Santa's and snowmen I did it.  Is is time consuming? YES! Is it hard? Absolutely NOT!  Is it fun? Definitely!  

I got asked on Facebook to give directions on how to make them.  Well, since I have never made them before now I will post exactly what pattern I bought and what videos I used to learn.  YouTube is a wonderful thing!  There is no need for me to reinvent the wheel and I respect the ones who sell the patterns for them so I will not give out their directions.

I bought the pattern from Searsport Rug Hooking. For $5 you can make all sorts of sizes of trees.  I started with the smallest obviously.  I didn't want to waste wool if I screwed up.  Next, I followed the YouTube videos from Two Old Crows.  I believe they too have a pattern/kit, but I can't say for sure since the video was done awhile ago.  I mainly bought the pattern so I had measurements for the branches.  I could have read the directions, but I am a visual learner.  I have to see it to do it.  I watched multiple videos of different people and found these ones most helpful.

So, enjoy.  Happy tree making.  

P.S. I plan on making a couple more to add to my collection.




EDIT...


There was a question as to what kind of scissors I used.  I just used my trusty old Fiskar scissors.  The trick is to be sure that the tips of them are sharp.  If your kids or hubby used them to cut paper then you might need to sharpen them or use something else. 
 
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks for sharing the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated my blog to share the info. Thanks for the question

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased a kit ions ago and still have not made one tree. Am hoping to make some in 2023. Love how yours turned out and perfect in your crock! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason it's in a crock is because I didn't put a base on it...yet. I was in too much of hurry to see and use it and I don't trust myself with a drill.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.