Friday, February 17, 2023

Laundry Room Makeover

It has been super busy around here the last few weeks. Hence, why no posts.  Between my laundry room make over and helping my son with his new place.  (That will be another post.)  He is renting an 1800s farmhouse, which has not really been upgraded very recently.  I have to help him this weekend then he will be ready to move in and I will post pictures of what we did.

But for now I will show my laundry room makeover.  Since I moved in my house I never touched the laundry room other than to put down peel and stick tile.  Literally this room has not been touched since the house was built in 1995.  It still has contractor cream walls and 90s style hardware on the cupboards.





Pretty blah and standard. It needed a little love and I've been itching to do a project.  It isn't completely done but I can share what I have done.  



With a little help from Lowe's I decided it might be fun to try some peel and stick wallpaper.  Way back maybe 20 years ago I used wallpaper in my kitchen, but haven't used any since.  I figured if I don't like it, well I can peel it off.  I did not paint my wall that I put the paper on.  They said if I did I'd have to wait several weeks before I could put up the paper.  Uh, no, we want this project done!  It is very easy to use.  While I did not start in the middle of the wall like recommended I did draw a straight line down the wall to be sure I did not hang it crooked.  I even checked several times with my level.  I started from the corner and hung as many full sheets as I could until I had to start cutting and going around the cabinets.  I am so pleased with it and it looks very realistic.  The other walls got a fresh coat of paint Magnetic Gray from Sherwin Williams. The peel and stick tile was removed because it was not sticking to the floors very well and the linoleum is perfectly fine underneath.  (Another post on how I removed it and all the glue residue left behind).  

I have a new light to hang and a new towel bar.  As for the toilet paper holder I'm thinking I want one that doesn't attach to the wall, but I'm still deciding.  As for decor, I'm still thinking about that too.  Not too many people will be visiting my laundry room when they come over. 😂

So this is the current laundry room.





Obviously it is still a work in progress as you can see.  I think the black hardware looks so much better than the shiny 90s gold.  The sink area still needs a lot of help.  I think a new faucet is on my list and I need to figure out how to reattach my sink to the counter because it moves around and shifts.  Maybe new caulk will help, but I need to secure it.  Off to Google it is to find the solution.

Stay tuned as I will have a lot to talk about soon.  Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I always wanted to own an old farmhouse. Please do share pics of your sons rental one.Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks more realistic than I thought it could! I have always loved the look of brick and desperately wanted either a brick wall or a brick floor...someplace! But it didn't happen. Good luck with the finishing touches. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.