Friday, January 13, 2023

Week 2

 What a week! It has not gone as planned and I haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped.  Oh well, life happens and I'm learning to roll with it.  I'm trying to do what I can and not beat myself up over it.

I have been keeping up with eating better, but the exercise didn't happen this week. I truly just didn't have time.  Monday I took my Mom to an eye doctor appointment where the office motto is "hurry up and wait."  Once I brought my Mom back home I had to do a few odds and ends for her and my Dad.  I got home at 1:15pm just to turn around eat lunch and leave for work.  Tuesday my daughter and I had hair appointments.   We didn't get home again until after noon.  I ate lunch and left for work.  Wednesday was grocery shopping day.  Yesterday was my first day completely at home before work.  I baked a loaf of banana bread, laundry, loaded the dishwasher, and all the other stuff that I couldn't do before.

So, here we are Friday morning.  I'm going to look at the things I have been able to do.  I have learned to meal prep for work.  (This blog may be more for me then some of you because I am trying to track my journey. ) Anyway, this is a chicken and rice bowl with cilantro lime rice, taco seasoned chicken, peppers and onions , and kidney beans because I didn't have black beans or pinto beans.  I don't mind eating the same thing a couple days in a row, BUT by the last day, today, I'm ready for something else.


I have tried overnight oats before and wasn't a fan.  I have been looking for recipes and ideas to make it better. So far, using oats, almond milk, chia seeds, honey, and salt have made it better.  I don't care for the yogurt in it at this point.  I come home from work at 11:30p and prepare my oats for the next day.

Today I added some fresh berries and it was really good.


I also had time to make a salad in a jar.  I am new to this bandwagon.  Normally I just throw everything in a Tupperware bowl and go.  But I like the idea of prepping it ahead and just grabbing and going.  There is a method to it so certain things don't get soggy.  We'll find out if I did it right.  I did forget to put my eggs in the jar and didn't realize it until the end.  Guess I'll just take them with me and put them on when I dump the salad out on the plate.

I had originally bought these jars to craft with, BUT... don't they look pretty?  



I'm hoping to do some molding of some chcks and rabbits today so I'm going to cut this short.  Have a great day and stay tuned.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You certainly are more organized than I am...and eat healthier than I do. LOL. I had not heard of salad in a jar before but what a great idea. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal for breakfast! You however do eat healthier than I do. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.