Wednesday, January 4, 2023

What IS Helping

 I know it's only the first few days of the year and everyone is gung ho on resolutions.  We start out strong and as time marches on we fizzle out.  So, I am not calling them resolutions.  These are goals I NEED to reach.  It's not a race to see how fast I get there.  In my heart I know this.  However, I'm very impatient!  I don't care what it is in my life I have a hard time waiting. I want it yesterday.

Things I have accomplished since Jan. 1

1. I have walked on my treadmill 3 days in a row.

2. I have cleaned out most of my kitchen cabinets.

3. I cleaned out the bottom of my dry sink.

4. I cleaned out under my basement stairs.  This will all be donated. YAY!!!!




5. I have made 1 trip to the thrift store.  I just need to load my most recent things from today. See above.

6. I am tracking what I eat and cutting back. This is actually a serving of soup. 1 cup... ugh. I'm going to starve before I get my house organized.😂



I think I have made great strides so far.  I only work an hour or so a day on it so I don't get overwhelmed. I think that planning my day, before I go to work is helping immensely.  I now work 2nd shift so I get more done during the day before work then I ever did working 1st shift.  I never felt like doing anything after getting dinner for everyone in the evenings.  Weekends were always spent running around doing errands and I still got nothing done.  

Tomorrow is a new day to make progress. I'm so proud of myself so far.  I am now going with my Dad to doctor appointments so I need to plan accordingly.  


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Cheering you on! You made good progress. Keep up the good work and good luck to your dad at his appointments. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you tackling your goals! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I've never made a resolution maker...but I do set "mini goals" (e.g., cleaning at least one drawer a week or spending one hour a day doing "neglecteds"...i.e., things I put off doing like filing, etc.) Sometimes I get off track if I have a day of appointments, but it does help in small ways. Cheering you on from the sidelines. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly what I'm trying to do is set small goals because looking at the larger picture is overwhelming.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate each and everyone of you. Please feel free to comment here or email me.